The San Francisco Department of the Environment honored McCalls Catering & Events “with sincere appreciation for helping make our City a greener place.” Lucas Schoemaker, President and Executive Chef of McCalls, accepted the award from Melanie Nutter, Director of the Department of the Environment, at an awards ceremony held on Jan. 19. “McCalls is extremely proud of this award, and to be certified as a San Francisco Green Business,” said Lucas.
The reception celebrated all businesses certified as a San Francisco Green Business in 2010.
As a San Francisco Green Business:
* We buy locally grown produce, pasture raised meats and support small-scale, sustainable farming whenever possible.
* We compost and recycle more than 80% of our refuse.
* Our team closely follows the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch list to ensure use of sustainable seafood.
* We work exclusively with vendors who support our environmental efforts in recycling, reusing, and returning items.
* We print conservatively, reduce unwanted mail, and replace memos with emails.
* We use energy conservation methods to our HVAC, dishwashing, lighting, and refrigeration.
* We utilize Integrated Pest Management Programs to control and minimize the use of toxic chemicals.
* We are committed to donating surplus food and reusable items to food banks and other local charities.
Top Photo: McCalls – Lucas Schoemaker and Lee Gregory
by San Francisco Event Photographers | Orange Photography. Bottom Photo: Lucas Schoemaker with Melanie Nutter, Director of the Department of the Environment by Jan Lundberg.